Thursday, February 19, 2009

Media Blog #3

Like most people, there are certain things that I have to buy a certain brand of. The quality, the price, and the style are the kind of things that tie me to a particular brand and keep me coming back. I have used the same kind of razors for as long as I can remember, and I always go back to Wal-Mart and get the same Conair hairbrush with the gel handle. I love Nokia cell phones and my last 2 were Nokia, and I plan on getting another one soon. There is also certain places that I will only go for food when I'm out, like Wendy's and Tim Horton's. In these cases, the brand is very important to me.
In some cases, the brand that I am wearing does not matter at all. My socks, for example, came in an-8 pack from Costco or Wal-Mart or something and are plain and grey. They are nothing special and no one sees them. They do not need to do any special job and they work for me. I would buy socks from wherever they were cheapest and most convenient. I also don't care where I get my jewelery, make-up, or nail polish from, or where I go to get my nails done. Some people care, but I do not. It doesn't matter, no one can see the brand on your face, they are all the same once applied. In these kinds of cases, the brand does not matter.
My opinions on brand loyalty have always been very strong. They haven't exactly changed but I have realized that I am more loyal to some brands than I originally thought. Although I am not loyal to any particular brands of clothing themselves, and I greatly dislike articles with a label and nothing else across the garment, most of my clothes come from brand name places or are brand name pieces. Brands are important, they give an identity and a stamp of quality to a product.

No comments:

Post a Comment