Friday, February 6, 2009

Media Blog #1

Coming into the course, all I really know about media is that it is all around us. It comes in many forms like television, radio, movies, music, newspaper, magazines, and books. Media has a huge effect on our lives. We all create it, and are subjected to looking at it or hearing it or whatever, sometimes voluntarilty, but more often than some people realize, not. Meida is in out lives in so many different forms that it would be impossible to get away from it completely unless we went back in time and lived in a place with no other people or modern surroundings. In this class,I would like to learn more about producing media, how it's done and what goes into it. I would also like to study the different ways it affects different people and what kind of an impact it has on people who think differently than me. I am interested to know how people's opinions differ on what is portrayed in the media and why they seem to show things in a certain way all the time. I also wonder about advertising and why people put so much money into it to make more money? I don't really understand how this works when it is done in such epic proportions. This week I have learned the different ways that advertisers get us to buy their products, and all of the techniques and why they work. I also came to realize that there is advertising everywhere possible now, like at the movies. It never used to be this way but this is the way our generation grew up. I will be more conscious of what is being advertised at me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment